Who treats epilepsy?

Many kinds of health providers treat people with epilepsy. Adult and pediatric neurologist and Physicians can treat people with epilepsy. Primary care providers such as family physicians, pediatricians, are often the first people to see a person with epilepsy who has new seizures.  If someone has had a new seizure, they would refer you to an adult or pediatric neurologist. A neurologist is a doctor who specializes in treatment of diseases of the brain and nervous system. People who have seizures that are difficult to control or who need advanced care for epilepsy may be referred to an epilepsy center (National Hospital of Sri Lanka) Epilepsy centers are staffed by providers who specialize in epilepsy care, such as

  • Neurologists
  • Neurophysiologists
  • Neuroradiologists
  • Neurosurgeons
  • EEG technicians

About the Author

You may also like these

No Related Post